The TransMedia Catalonia Research Group, at the CAIAC research centre, and the EU project ADLAB (Audio Description: Lifelong Access for the Blind) are organizing the 4th Advanced Research Seminar on Audio Description (ARSAD), to be held in Barcelona on 13-14 March 2013. This international two-day seminar, sponsored by SUB-TI, SUB-TI ACCESS and FRED, aims to bring together practitioners and researchers in order to advance the knowledge of current Audio Description (AD) practices and research. We are pleased to invite you to submit a paper to the ARSAD 4 on any of the following topics:
- AD practice in various settings: theatre, opera, dance, cinema, TV, among others
- The production chain in AD
- Audio description
- Audio introduction
- Audio subtitling
- Theoretical issues: narratology, films studies, linguistics, translation studies, discourse analysis, cognitive studies and AD
- Language issues in AD
- Quality issues in AD
- Reception and perception
- Standardization and guidelines
- The didactics of AD
- Technology for AD
- Voice in AD: sound and delivery
- Profiling audio describers
- Translating audio descriptions
- Corpora in AD
- Abstract submission: 30 September 2012.
Abstract proposals (300 words) for 20-minute papers should be sent to email@example.com using this downloadable form. Abstracts should be attached as WORD files with the format authorname.doc. Please indicate ABSTRACT ARSAD in the subject line in your e-mail.
- Notification of accepted papers to participants: 30 November 2012.