This research group is formed by two permanent professors (Dra. Adelina Vallribera and Dra. Roser Pleixats) and a variable number of doctorate, master students and post-doc researchers.
- Organofluorine chemistry
- Fluorinated drugs for medicinal chemistry
- Materials chemistry (organogels, coatings, surface-modification, hydrophobicity; mesoporous organosilica nanoparticles for catalysis and biomedical applications; metal nanoparticles soluble in organic and aqueous media for catalysis)
- Hipervalent iodine reagents
- Enantioselective catalysis and organocatalysis
- Recyclable catalysts: metal nanoparticles embedded in aerogels and in hybrid organic-inorganic silica materials; water-soluble metal nanoparticles; silica-supported catalysts prepared by sol-gel methodologies.