In memory of our colleague and friend: Bahjat Qazzaz
|Our Group integrates a series of lines of research, interrelated and developed in the context of High Performance Computing (HPC)|
Within this framework, the main research lines focuses on two broad areas:
- HPC Technology
- Applications with Societal Impact
Our project aims to provide solutions to the following problems, while it creates the corresponding technology that allows these solutions to be transferred:
- Performance and Efficiency in the use of HPC resources
- Effect of the interconnection network on the performance of applications
- Performance prediction. Scalability.
- Efficient execution of applications: programming model, energy consumption, heterogeneous multicore.
- Availability of HPC resources (available to user)
- Fault tolerance for HPC in numerical (technical-scientific) and transactional applications.
- Integrity against attacks in use and/or access to the HPC resources (Vulnerability)
- Design and optimization of HPC systems, for "workloads" specific (application-specific domains)
- CPU, network interconnection, I/O & Availability
- Support tools (simulation)
- Social projection (impact) applications (solutions to problems of social impact -smart applications-, which require the capacity of HPC systems):
- Simulation and optimization of Emergency Services in Hospitals (Smarter Health Services)
- Simulation of Individuals oriented Models
- Simulation and optimization of movements of individuals in constrained environments (Smart Evacuations): Emergency Evacuations.