Amparo Hurtado Albir
Laura Asquerino Egoscozábal, Allison Beeby, Olivia Fox, Anabel Galán-Mañas, Gabriele Grauwinkel, Anna Kuznik, Wilhelm Neunzig, Christian Olalla-Soler, Patricia Rodríguez-Inés, Lupe Romero.
PACTE group’s main research interests are:
1. Empirical and experimental-based research on translation competence and its acquisition in written translation.
2. Translator training
3. Empirical and experimental research in Translation Studies
4. The use of new technologies in translation research.
Main fields of research of the Department of Translation and Interpreting of the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona:
- Empirical Research Methodology in Translation and Interpreting Studies
- Cognitive Processes in Translating and Interpreting
- Translator and Interpreter Training
- Tradumatica. Translation and Information Technologies
- Professional and Employment-related Aspects of Translation and Interpreting
- Textuality and Translation
PACTE has been a competitive research group since1997 and a consolidated group (as recognized by the Generalitat de Catalunya) since 2002. It was a member of the Institut de Neurociències of the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (2001-2009) and is now a member of GReCO (Grup de Recerca en Competències) of the Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya.
PACTE initiated the Thematic Network TREC (Translation, Research, Empiricism, Cognition), which brings together experts in empirical and experimental research in translation from around the world, and coordinated it for two years.
didTRAD Conference 2018. Click here for more details.
The book Researching Translation Competence by PACTE Group is now out. Click here for more details.