One of the main interests of the PACTE group is determine how empirical and experimental methodologies may be applied to the study of the process and the product of translation, in particular with respect to:
- Experimental and non-experimental research design.
- Definition of dependent and independent variables; control of confounding variables in experimental designs.
- Application of scientific method criteria in experimental designs.
- Definition of the sample universes and selection of representative samples.
- Triangulation of data using qualitative and quantitative methods
- Design of data-collection instruments: questionnaires, prototypical texts, etc.
- Descriptive and inferential data analysis.