SECOND SPECIALIST SEMINAR ON THE DIDACTICS OF TRANSLATION
7 July 2014
Organised by: PACTE Group
Steering committee: Anabel Galán-Mañas, Amparo Hurtado Albir, Christian Olalla-Soler, Patricia Rodríguez-Inés.
The Specialist Seminar on the Didactics of Translation is designed to provide a forum for the discussion of issues of interest to translator trainers.
The main aims of the Specialist Seminar are to:
1. Discuss innovative teaching practices in translator training.
2. Discuss aspects of the teaching of other disciplines involved in translator training.
Exceptionally, this time the Seminar will be a one-day session. It will be made up of eight different modules among which participants will choose the four seminars that best suit their personal interests. The eight modules are: pedagogical bases in translator training, planning and developing a translation teaching unit, assessment in translator training, L2 language
teaching for translators, teaching inverse translation, work-placements and professional aspects of translation, ICTs applied to translator training, use of corpora in translator training.
Target group: Master’s and PhD students; translator trainers; professional translators.
Duration: 8 hours.
Languages: SPANISH. In the workshops examples involving some or all of Spanish, Catalan, English, French and German will be used.
Teaching staff: Anabel Galán-Mañas, Gabi Grauwinkel, Amparo Hurtado Albir, Anna Kuznik, Olivia Fox, Patricia Rodríguez-Inés, Lupe Romero Ramos.
Opens March 15 2014.
Closes June 15 2014.
- Normal rate: €150
- Reduced rate: €125 (before April 30, 2014)
- Master’s and PhD students FTI UAB: €75
- Teaching staff FTI/UAB: no charge
- Combined Seminar and Conference fee: €325; reduced rate: €300 (before April 30, 2014); Master’s and PhD students FTI UAB: €100
A minimum of 20 participants will be required for the Seminar to go ahead. A certificate of attendance will be provided to participants who complete 8 hours.