Fourth International Conference on Research into the Didactics of Translation
20-22 June, 2018
PACTE (Process of Acquisition of Translation Competence and Evaluation) is organising the Fourth International Conference on Research into the Didactics of Translation (didTRAD), which will be held at the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, 20-22 June, 2018.
This conference aims to provide a forum for researchers in the field of translator training.
Defeng Li, University of Macau
- Teaching translation: introduction to translation; legal translation; scientific-technical translation; literary translation; audiovisual translation; localization; inverse translation, etc.
- Teaching interpreting: simultaneous interpreting; consecutive interpreting, community interpreting, etc.
- Teaching technologies for translators and interpreters.
- Teaching language for translators and interpreters (L1 and L2).
- Cross-cutting aspects of curriculum design: tutorials, final-year dissertations, placements, etc.
Conference Presentation Types
Oral presentations (20 min)
Oral presentations that come within the list of conference topics.
Duration: 20 minutes, followed by 10 minutes for discussion.
Presentations in this case take the form of printed posters. The following norms have been established for poster presenters:
- Posters must be in portrait mode.
- Posters should be no larger than 594 mm x 841 mm (DIN-A1).
- They may be printed in black and white, or in colour.
- Poster presenters must bring a printed copy of their poster with them to the conference. They will be responsible for displaying the poster at the time and in the place designated by the conference organizers.
- For information on how to produce a poster, see: http://connect.le.ac.uk/posters
Roundtable sessions (1hr 30 min or 3 hrs)
Proposals are invited for roundtable sessions. The title of the proposed roundtable, the number of participants, a brief description of the aims and content (700-800 words) together with the name of each presenter and the title of their presentation should be submitted with each proposal. If a proposal is accepted, the person responsible for the proposal will also be responsible for organizing and moderating his/her proposed roundtable session. All participants must register and pay the registration fee.
Duration: 1hr 30 min or 3hrs
Presentation of abstracts
Deadline January 14, 2018. Further information in the second circular (October 2017).
Catalan, Spanish, English, French, German, Italian and Portuguese.
Anabel Galán-Mañas, Amparo Hurtado Albir, Christian Olalla-Soler, Patricia Rodríguez-Inés, Lupe Romero.
March 21, 2018 – June 3, 2018
- Normal rate: €250
- Reduced rate: €200 (before May 1, 2018)
- Master’s and PhD students (without presentation): €50
- Teaching staff of the Faculty of Translation and Interpreting at UAB: no charge
- Presentation of abstracts: deadline January 14, 2018. Further information in the second circular (October 2017). - NEW DEADLINE: JANUARY 28, 2018
- Notification of acceptance: March 14, 2018.
- Registration: March 21 – May 1, 2018 (reduced rate); May 2 – June 3, 2018 (normal rate).
The conference dinner will be held on June 22, 2018.