The following equipment has been purchased within this project on the basis of four main factors: 1)actual needs on MED institutions of updated equipment for waste and waste water control, 2) possibilities to carry out waste and waste water treatment, 3)actual expertise of the research and academic staff and 4) The possibilities of the reinforced laboratory to be used or to perform a service by other institutions in the area.
Analytical techniques for control purposes as well as lab- scale prototypes for different wastewater treatment and removal of pollutants from urban and industrial effluents will be upgraded or acquired and implemented, after permission for their installation of MED National Authorities or regional water supply or other relevant municipality authority. Equipment for water treatment pilot plants will include:
- Adsorption-desorption columns,
- Feed pumps
- Recirculation pumps
- Pressure indicators, feed and recirculation
- Temperature indicator
- Flowmeters, for the different streams
- Tubular stainless steel for assembling
- Cart mounted with wheels
- Control panels
- pH meter and potentiometer for ion selective electrodes
- On line spectrophotometer
- Mechanical and magnetic valves
- Rotary racks and stirrings motors.
- Additional unit of flexible membrane modules may be used to complement the adsorption-desorption processes.