ARSAD 2023 (20 and 21 April 2023) in Barcelona
CALL FOR PAPERS
Since 2007, ARSAD has been the meeting point for researchers, industry, trainers, trainees, users, practitioners, regulators, broadcasters, policy makers, social activists, cultural managers and anyone interested in audio description. After an edition moved online due to the pandemic, the ARSAD community will meet again in Barcelona in April 2023 to discuss the latest trends and challenges in audio description.
This edition will start with a keynote speaker, Sophie Frilley, who will bring some insights from industry, and from a country where audio description has the best possible recognition: the César award. The 2023 edition will kick start discussing the growing role of technology as a cornerstone of our everyday interactions. Technology facilitates contact, provides new opportunities but it also faces us with some challenges. In this technologically-driven world an awareness of social aspects is also growing, from diversity to sustainability, with collaboration at the core of many social actions. Within this context ARSAD aims to be a thought-provoking event where we can learn about the present of audio description across the globe from multidisciplinary perspectives and where we can get a glimpse of the future of this fascinating access mode.
We invite you to submit a proposal for ARSAD 2023 on any topic related to audio description (AD), such as:
- AD experiences across the globe in diverse formats and environments, from live to recorded events, from video games to opera.
- AD business models.
- AD workflows: creation and translation, automatization, new distribution systems.
- AD training, and training in AD.
- Audio introductions, touch tours, audio subtitling.
- User-generated audio descriptions.
- Historical approaches to AD.
- AD delivery: prosody and voicing.
- Easy-to-understand language and audio description.
- New media formats: 360º and virtual reality.
- Blockchain in audio description.
- Copyright in audio description.
- Standardisation and policy-making.
- Technologies in audio description.
- User involvement and ethical aspects.
- Green and sustainable audio description.
Our aim is to generate a lively discussion. Presentations will last 15 minutes and they will be included in a panel session where ample time for discussion will be allotted. Please plan your proposal so that it fits the requested time.
- Submission of proposals: 30 September.
- Notification of rejection/acceptance: 5 December.
- Submission of presentation in pdf format. Please notice that this helps our participants to download the presentation from the website and enlarge it, should they need it: 17 April 2023.
- Conference: 20-21 April 2023.