ARSAD 2023 in Barcelona. Information will be posted here in 2022.
The information available now corresponds to ARSAD 2021.
ARSAD 2021 took place online on 26 January 2021 (all day) and 27 January (morning) 2021.
This webpage includes the information from ARSAD 2021.
ARSAD has become an established forum to exchange ideas on audio description with all interested stakeholders: users, practitioners, researchers, trainers, trainees, regulators, broadcasters, policy makers, social activists, cultural managers and anyone interested in audio description.
In 2021 the RAD project will organise the ARSAD conference and will put the focus on audio description beyond its traditional boundaries. We are interested in new insights into audio description, especially concerning:
- AD delivery: prosodic features, voicing, user preferences, sound mixes.
- AD workflows: creation and translation.
- AD in traditional and innovative productions, from videogames to opera.
We are also interested in continue discussing other relevant topics related to audio description such as:
- AD and business models.
- AD experiences across the globe.
- AD research from multiple perspectives.
- AD training, and training in AD.
- Audio introductions, touch tours, audio subtitling.
- User-generated audio descriptions.
- Historical approaches to AD.
- New AD distribution systems.
- New media formats: 360º and virtual reality.
- Standardisation and policy-making.
- Technologies in audio description.
- User involvement.