This is an update on our workshop
``Quantum information and foundations of quantum mechanics''
which will be held at the University of British Columbia, Vancouver,
Canada, from July 2 - 5, 2013.
Registration and abstract submission are now open!
Please visit the workshop website at: http://www.qi.ubc.ca/QMFmain.html
The purpose of our workshop is to present and discuss recent
developments in the overlap area between quantum information and
foundations of quantum mechanics. The workshop is centered around, but
not limited to, the following topics:
• Quantum logic beyond Birkhoff and von Neumann
• Contextuality and non-locality of quantum mechanics
• Measurement-based quantum computation
• Quantum mechanics and category theory
• QM foundations and cryptography
Contributed talks and posters are invited.
Confirmed invited speakers:
• Samson Abramsky, University of Oxford, UK,
• Stephen Bartlett, Unviersity of Sydney, Australia,
• Roger Colbeck, ETH Zurich,
• Joseph Emerson, University of Waterloo, Canada,
• Chris Heunen, University of Oxford, UK,
• Pawel Horodecki, University of Gdansk, Poland,
• Terry Rudolph, Imperial College London, UK,
• Simone Severini, University College London, UK,
• Robert Spekkens, Perimeter Istitute, Waterloo, Canada,
• Mordecai Waegell, Worcester Polytechnic, USA.