The aims of this study is to contribute to the improvement of reception (language teaching especially) of newly arrived students and to provide a critical review of the language education policies framing the reception of immigrant students.
Based on the compilation and analysis of a multimodal corpus of data (textual, interactional and field observation), the project will pinpoint the way in which categories related to "foreigner" are constructed and the way in which these categories are projected into the linguistic repertoires of individuals working with these students.
- October 1, 2005
- July 31, 2006
- Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, Programa Noves Línies de Recerca
- 5.600 €
- Research leader:
- Dr Virginia Unamuno Kaschapava
- Participating universities:
- Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona
- Research team:
- Dr Eva Codó Olsina, Dr Melinda Ann Dooly Owenby, Dr Luci Nussbaum Capdevila, Dr Amparo Tuson Valls, Victor Corona, Emilee Moore