CiCe DEED consists of creating a collection of ‘e-encyclopedias’ in different european languages, that allow readers to explore how different languages in Europe conceptualise ideas about citizenship and identity, particularly as they are used in educational settings. The words and ideas explored in these encyclopedias do not always translate directly, and each language uses the vocabulary of these ideas in different ways. Because the idea of citizenship and identity are crucial for the European project, it is important that we can all understand how people speaking different European languages think about these ideas. This project tries to help achieving this goal.
- Lifelong Learning Programme of the European Commission
- Participating universities:
- London Metropolitan University (UK), Institute for Policy Studies in Education (IPSE, UK), Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, Hochschule Merseberg (Germany), Université de Reims Champagne-Ardenne (France), Université Paul Valéry-Montpellier3 (France).
- Dr. Alistair Ross (London Metropolitan University / IPSE).
- GREIP members:
- Dr Melinda Ann Dooly Owenby (local coordinator), Claudia Vallejo Rubinstein.