It is a joint project between european universities and secondary schools whose main aim is to design and pilot both the theoretical framework and the tools that are required in order to supervise the teaching practices that the future students in a Joint Master in Teacher Education (JoMiTE) would carry out both at home and at a host school abroad. In order to ensure that intercultural exchanges enrich the internationalisation of the school practices undertaken by student-teachers, the supervision model put forward in the project is being conducted in joint collaboration by university tutors, school mentors and students in both the home and the host institutions.
In this project we want to develop four products: 1) a shared list of competences that potential secondary teachers should develop, 2) a pedagogical framework for the supervision of student-teachers who will do their school practice both in their home country and abroad, 3) a pedagogical framework for working with an electronic portfolio as a tool for supervision and assessment and 4) an online cultural background course, which will prepare student-teachers for their teaching practice abroad.
- November 1, 2007
- September 30, 2009
- Comissió Europea (133785-LLP-1-2007-1-NL-COMENIUS-CMP)
- 300.000 €
- Budget for Barcelona:
- 26.390 €
- Research leader:
- Jan Folkert Deinum (Rijksuniversiteit Groningen, NL)
- Research leader at Barcelona:
- Dolors Masats Viladoms
- Participating universities:
- University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands; Eszterházy Károly College, Eger, Hungary; Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic; Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain; University of Tartu, Tartu, Estonia; University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, United Kingdom; University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland; University of Joensuu, Joensuu, Finland; University of Regensburg, Regensburg, Germany; Dr. Nassau Colloge, Assen, The Netherlands; EKF Training School, Eger, Hungary; Akademicke gymnasium Štepanska; Institut d'Educació Secundària Sabadell, Sabadell, Spain; Miina Härma Gymnasium, Tartu, Estonia; Joensuu Normaalikoulu, Joensuu, Finland
- Research team:
- Dr. Jordi Deulofeu Piquet, Dra. Melinda Dooly Owenby (GREIP), Dra. Mequè Edo Basté, Dra. Cristina Escobar Urmeneta (GREIP), Dra. Lourdes Figueiras Ocaña, Dra. Cristina Laborda Molla, Dra. Anna Marbà Tallada, Dra. Conxita Márquez Bargallo, Dr. Màrius Martínez Muñoz, Dr. Rafa Merino Pareja.