During the last years we have worked in different methods of metrology. We have proposed a point diffraction interferometer in which the phase stepping can be implemented by the use of liquid crystals. He has proposed different numerical methods to obtain the profile of a surface from the data obtained with an optical deflectometer or a wave front sensor. Different types of deflectometer geometries have been studied. These methods are being implemented in commercial set-ups. In collaboration with the ALBA synchrotron that is being built in Barcelona we are developing new methods to measure the shape of X-ray mirrors with ultra-precision.
- C. Ramírez, Lizana, A., Iemmi, C., and Campos, J., “Double-sideband filter for digital holography”, Proc. SPIE, vol. 10110, p. 101100C-1, 2017.
- J. Nicolás, Pedreira, P., Šics, I., Ramírez, C., and Campos, J., “Nanometer accuracy with continuous scans at the ALBA-NOM”, Proc.SPIE, vol. 9962, pp. 9962 - 9962 - 8, 2016.
- C. Ramírez, Lizana, A., Iemmi, C., and Campos, J., “Method based on the double sideband technique for the dynamic tracking of micrometric particles”, Journal of Optics, vol. 18, p. 065603, 2016.
Polarimetry is the measurement and interpretation of the geometrical orientation of the electromagnetic wave oscillations.
The last years we have been working on a research line related to the design, optimization and implementation of polarimeters, the main devices to perform polarimetric metrology. The main study is focused on the design of polarimeters based on birefringent materials, including liquid crystal and biaxial-crystals (the latter group based on the conical refraction phenomenon). Recently, the implemented polarimeters are being used for different applications, from the characterization of the optical properties of materials to the contrast enhancement of images.
- V. Eeckhout Albert, Lizana, A., Enric, G. ‐C., J., G. José, Adrià, S., Carla, R., Irene, E., Emilio, G., C., E. Juan, Ignacio, M., and Juan, C., “Polarimetric imaging of biological tissues based on the indices of polarimetric purity”, Journal of Biophotonics, vol. 11, p. e201700189, 2018.
- A. Cofré, Vargas, A., Torres-Ruiz, F. A., Campos, J., Lizana, A., Sánchez-López, M. del M., and Moreno, I., “Quantitative performance of a polarization diffraction grating polarimeter encoded onto two liquid-crystal-on-silicon displays”, Optics & Laser Technology, vol. 96, pp. 219 - 226, 2017.
- A. Van Eeckhout, Lizana, A., Garcia-Caurel, E., Gil, J. J., Ossikovski, R., and Campos, J., “Synthesis and characterization of depolarizing samples based on the indices of polarimetric purity”, Opt. Lett., vol. 42, pp. 4155–4158, 2017.
- A. Lizana, Zhang, H., Turpin, A., Van Eeckhout, A., Torres-Ruiz, F. A., Vargas, A., Ramirez, C., Pi, F., and Campos, J., “Generation of reconfigurable optical traps for microparticles spatial manipulation through dynamic split lens inspired light structures”, Scientific Reports, 2018.
- H. Zhang, Lizana, A., Iemmi, C., Monroy-Ramírez, F. A., Márquez, A., Moreno, I., and Campos, J., “LCoS display phase self-calibration method based on diffractive lens schemes”, Optics and Lasers in Engineering, vol. 106, pp. 147 - 154, 2018.
- A. Lizana, Vargas, A., Turpin, A., Ramírez, C., Estevez, I., and Campos, J., “Shaping light with split lens configurations”, Journal of Optics, vol. 18, p. 105605, 2016.