We have proposed different numerical methods to obtain the profile of a surface from the data obtained with an optical deflectometer or a wave front sensor. Different types of deflectometer geometries have been studied: Cartesian coordinate scans, polar or spherical coordinate scans. These methods are being implemented in commercial set-ups by Trioptics GmbH Company in Germany.
In collaboration with the ALBA synchrotron that has been built in Barcelona at the Campus of Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona we are developing new methods to measure the shape of X-ray mirrors with ultra precision. These methods are based in scanning deflectometry or in interferometry. The use of different measurements provides redundant data that can be used to obtain nanometer accuracy. We want to arrive to sub-nanometer. These methods can also be used to measure the mirrors of a faceted telescope. We also want to explore deflectometry methods based on the imaging of sinusoidal images through reflecting surfaces in order to speed up the measurement time.
- J. Nicolás, Pedreira, P., Šics, I., Ramírez, C., and Campos, J., “Nanometer accuracy with continuous scans at the ALBA-NOM”, Proc.SPIE, vol. 9962, pp. 9962 - 9962 - 8, 2016.
- J. Nicolás and Campos, J., “Error compensation for the calibration of mechanical mirror benders”, Proceedings SPIE, vol. 8848, pp. 88480K-1-8, 2013.
- A. Moreno, Espínola, M., Martínez, J. L., and Campos, J., “Methods to obtain the waveform profile from slope measurements”, Proceedings SPIE, vol. 8788, pp. 87881F-1-11, 2013.
- A. Moreno, Espínola, M., Lizana, A., and Campos, J., “Two-dimensional method for surface determination by optical deflectometry”, Proc. SPIE, vol. 6616, p. 66162J-66162J-11, 2007.
- A. Moreno, Campos, J., and Yaroslavsky, L. P., “Frequency response of five integration methods to obtain the profile from its slope”, Optical Engineering, vol. 44, pp. 033604-033604-8, 2005.
- L. P. Yaroslavsky, Moreno, A., and Campos, J., “Frequency responses and resolving power of numerical integration of sampled data”, Opt. Express, vol. 13, pp. 2892–2905, 2005.
- S. Krey, van Amstel, W. D., Szwedowicz, K., Campos, J., A. Moreno,, and Lous, E. J., “A fast optical scanning deflectometer for measuring the topography of large silicon wafers”, Proc. SPIE, vol. 5523, pp. 110-120, 2004.
- J. Barbe, Campos, J., and Iemmi, C., “Real time texture classification with convregent diffractometer”, Proc. SPIE, vol. 4829, pp. 222-223, 2003.
- J. Barbe, Campos, J., Iemmi, C., and Nicolás, J., “Parallel multichannel optical correlator for frequency subband decomposition”, Proc. SPIE, vol. 4419, pp. 612-615, 2001.