SECOND INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON RESEARCH INTO THE DIDACTICS OF TRANSLATION
8-9 July, 2014
PACTE (Process of Acquisition of Translation Competence and Evaluation) is organising the Second International Conference on Research into the Didactics of Translation (didTRAD), which will be held at the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, 8-9 July, 2014. This conference aims to provide a forum for researchers in the field of translator training.
1. Teaching translation: introduction to translation; legal translation; scientific-technical translation; literary translation; audiovisual translation; localization; inverse translation, etc.
2. Teaching interpreting: simultaneous interpreting; consecutive interpreting, community interpreting, etc.
3. Teaching technologies for translators and interpreters.
4. Teaching language for translators and interpreters (L1 and L2).
5. Cross-cutting aspects of curriculum design: tutorials, final-year project, placements, etc.
CONFERENCE PRESENTATION TYPES
- Oral presentations (20 min.)
- Auto-presentations, in .ppt or .html format (15 min.)
- Short presentations (Pecha Kucha) (6 min. 40 sec.)
- Roundtables (1h.30m.)
For further details, see below.
Catalan, Spanish, English, French, German, Italian and Portuguese.
Christiane Nord (Hochschule Magdeburg-Stendal)
Marta Arumí (Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona), Georges Bastin (Université de Montreal), Allison Beeby (Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona), Sonia Colina (University of Arizona), Frederic Chaume (Universitat Jaume I), Maureen Ehrensberger-Dow (Zürcher Hochschule für Angewandte Wissenschaften), Pilar Elena (Universidad de Salamanca), Miguel Ángel Jiménez (Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey), Anna Kuznik (Uniwersytet Wroclawski), Dorothy Kelly (Universidad de Granada), Josep Marco (Universitat Jaume I), Roberto Mayoral (Universidad de Granada), Vicent Montalt (Universitat Jaume I), Christiane Nord (Hochschule Magdeburg-Stendal), Luis Pérez González (University of Manchester), Marisa Presas (Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona), Fernando Prieto (Université de Genève), Cathy Way (Universidad de Granada).
Anabel Galán-Mañas, Amparo Hurtado Albir, Christian Olalla-Soler, Patricia Rodríguez-Inés.
Luis Castillo, Gisela Massana, Stefano Pavani, Lupe Romero, Margherita Taffarel.
15 March 2014 – 15 June 2014
- Normal rate: €225
- Reduced rate: €175 (before 30 April 2014)
- Master’s and PhD students FTI UAB: €30
- Teaching staff FTI/UAB: no charge
- Combined Seminar and Conference fee: €325; reduced rate: €300 (before 30 April 2014); Master’s and PhD students FTI UAB: €00
Abstract submission (NEW DEADLINE): 31 January 2014. To submit an abstract, please visit https://grupsderecerca.uab.cat/pacte/en/content/abstract-submission
Notification of acceptance: 15 March 2014.
Registration: 15 March – 30 April 2014 (reduced rate); 1 May – 15 June 2014 (normal rate).
CONFERENCE PRESENTATION TYPES
Oral presentations on subjects of research that come within the list of conference topics.
Length: 20 minutes, followed by 10 minutes for discussion.
These presentations are the equivalent of oral presentations but in .html or .ppt format so that audio and/or video may be incorporated. Presentations will be made available to conference participants in multimedia rooms during the two days the conference lasts. Auto-presentations are designed to be interactive, presenting data, innovative ideas, or preliminary results of research that comes within the topic headings of the conference.
Length: 15 minutes. Authors should be present in the multimedia room in which their presentation is available at the time and on the day scheduled by the conference organizers in order to comment on their presentations with participants present.
Presentations in this case take the form of printed posters. The following norms have been established for poster presenters:
- Posters should be no larger than 120 X 80 cm.
- They may be printed in black and white, or in colour
- Poster presenters must bring a printed copy of their poster with them to the conference. They will be responsible for displaying the poster at the time and in the place designated by the conference organizers.
For information on how to produce a poster, see: https://connect.le.ac.uk/posters
Short presentations (Pecha Kucha)
Pecha Kucha are short oral presentations in which 20 slides are shown for 20 seconds each. They are ideal for presenting teaching units, experiments in assessment, new teaching methods, teaching resources etc.
Length: 6 minutes 40 seconds each. Various presentations will take place within a session. They will be followed by some time discussion.
For information on how to produce a Pecha Kucha presentation, see: https://www.educacontic.es/blog/pecha-kucha-20-x-20
Proposals are invited for roundtable sessions. The title of the proposed roundtable, the number of participants, a brief description of the aims and content (700-800 words) together with the name of each presenter and the title of their presentation should be submitted with each proposal. If a proposal is accepted, the person responsible for the proposal will also be responsible for organizing and moderating his/her proposed roundtable session.
Length: 1hr 30 min.